Barca-Leeds makes a significant difference to individuals, families, communities and the wider society, as the following recent awards recognise.
Over the past year we have focussed attention on demonstrating the quality of the services we deliver, and this has in part been achieved by committing to meeting the requirements of a number of quality marks across our projects and organisationally.
Quality Standards and Charter marks: Achieved in 2014/2015
- March 17 – retained Investors in People recognition.
- December 2015- Barca-Leeds signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter; A charter for employers who are positive about mental health. information about the Mindful Employer can be found on their website www.mindfulemployer.net, including information for employees about keeping well at work and discussing mental health with your manager. (Logo attached to email)
- September 2014 we were awarded the Ambition Quality Mark (for our Youth Work Services) at Bronze level and in November 2014 we were awarded this at the advanced Silver level
- October 2014 we achieved CHAS accreditation (the Contractors Health & Safety Assessment Scheme) as a demonstration of our commitment to health and safety across Barca-Leeds
- December 2014 Barca-Leeds were awarded the Safer Leeds Domestic Violence Quality Mark Level 2 in recognition of adopted standards in service delivery relating to domestic violence
- July 2016 we retained recognition as an Investor in Diversity- Stage 1
- 2011 – Chief Executive Officer Mark Law was awarded an MBE for Services to Disadvantaged People in Leeds.
- 2011 – Nomination for Community Social Justice (CSJ) award.
- 2010 – The Duke of York’s Community Programme.
- 2010 – Project Manager Helen Hart was ‘Children Now’ finalist.
- 2010 – Investors in People; working towards Investors in Diversity.